Instead of resorting to chemical ridden products when your skin is out of whack, making your own skin treatment can be much simpler. This facial mask remedy is quick & easy pick-me-up!
Oats have skin soothing properties which calm inflammation, relieve itchy skin, retain and replenish moisture, leaving a soft and smooth touch.
Honey naturally fades scars and is also a natural humectant, meaning it retains and draws moisture into skin. The enzymes and antibacterial nature cleanses bacteria from pores and prevents acne.
Chamomile flowers also have anti-inflammatory as well as anti-septic properties. It soothes dry, irritated skin, purifies clogged pores, evens skin complexion, and protects skin from free radicals which cause skin damage.
What you need:
1 Tbs Old Fashioned Oats
1 Tsp Honey
1/2 Tsp Chamomile Flower
1/4 cup – 1/2 cup Hot Water
1 Tsp Choice of Milk or Chamomile Tea)
Follow these steps to create your mask…
1. Heat up a fourth to half a cup of water.
2. Take the hot water & pour a small amount into a cup with half a teaspoon of chamomile flowers. Allow to steep for at least two minutes.
- If chamomile flowers or tea are not readily available, use a milk as a substitute. Milks also have skin calming and moisturizing properties.
3. In the mean time, place a tablespoon of oats into a clean coffee grinder and grind the oats until they reach a powder-like consistency.
4. Place the powdered oats into a small bowl.
5. Mix a teaspoon of honey into the powdered oats thoroughly creating a sticky paste. Slowly pour a little amount of chamomile tea to the while mixing the contents into a thick, non-runny texture.
After finishing your creation, prepare to apply the face mask by washing your face with warm water. Pat skin dry then carefully apply the face mask to your skin avoiding the eye area. Wait 10 to 20 minutes for the ingredients to dry up and do their magic, while laying down to avoid dropping any face mask crumbs. This is your time to relax and unwind! When you’re done rinse it all off to reveal soft, smooth, and supple skin!
If you’d like to try a similar mask with more nourishing natural ingredients, check out the Repair Face Mask.